Posted by Fred Chung, Android Developer Relations
We just lately introduced the Privateness Sandbox on Android to allow new promoting options that enhance person privateness, and supply builders and companies with the instruments to succeed on cell. Because the announcement, we have heard from builders throughout the ecosystem on our preliminary design proposals. Your suggestions is vital to make sure we construct options that work for everybody, so please proceed to share it by means of the Android developer web site.
At this time, we’re releasing the first developer preview for the Privateness Sandbox on Android, which supplies an early take a look at the SDK Runtime and Subjects API. You can do preliminary testing of those new applied sciences and consider the way you may undertake them in your options. This can be a preview, so some options might not be applied simply but, and performance is topic to alter. See the launch notes for extra particulars on what’s included within the launch.
What’s within the Developer Preview?
The Privateness Sandbox Developer Preview supplies extra platform APIs and companies on prime of the Android 13 Developer Beta launch, together with an SDK, system pictures, emulator, and developer documentation. Particularly, you may have entry to the next:
- Android SDK and 64-bit Android Emulator system pictures that embrace the Privateness Sandbox APIs. See the setup information.
- System system pictures for Pixel 6 Professional, Pixel 6, Pixel 5a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 4, and Pixel 4a. This preview launch is for builders solely and never supposed for every day or client use, so we’re making it out there by handbook obtain solely.
- Developer guides for the SDK Runtime and Subjects API.
- Pattern code that demonstrates the implementation of runtime-enabled SDKs and utilization of the Subjects API, out there on GitHub.
- Privateness Sandbox API reference.
Issues you possibly can strive
When your improvement setting is arrange, take into account taking the next actions:
- Familiarize yourselves with the technical proposals on the SDK Runtime, Subjects, Attribution Reporting, and FLEDGE on Android.
- Subjects API: Invoke the API and retrieve check values, representing a person’s coarse-grained pursuits. See the documentation for element.
- SDK Runtime: Construct and set up a runtime-enabled SDK on a check machine or emulator. Create a check app to load the SDK within the runtime and request the SDK to remotely render a WebView-based advert within the app. See the documentation for element.
- Assessment and run the pattern apps.
- For particulars on capabilities and recognized limitations on this Developer Preview launch, take a look at the launch notes.
Over the approaching months, we’ll be releasing updates to the Developer Preview together with early appears to be like on the Attribution Reporting and FLEDGE APIs. For extra data, please go to the Privateness Sandbox developer web site. It’s also possible to share your suggestions or questions, assessment progress updates to this point, and signal as much as obtain e-mail updates.